Giethoorn Tour and Free 1-Hour Amsterdam Canal Cruise
- Enjoy a guided tour of the picturesque town of Giethoorn
- Stop at the Enclosing Dike
- Cruise past the restored historic farmhouses of Giethoorn
- Get a complimentary 1-hour canal cruise of Amsterdam to use at your leisure
Admire the many types of boats in the town, from gondolas to punters and flat-bottom vessels used as transportation on the canals. Cruise past the skillfully restored farmhouses on a 1-hour boat trip, and get some free time for lunch and to explore on your own. Get tips from your guide on what to see and where to eat.
The tour will continue to the Enclosing Dike (Afsluitdijk), the 32 kilometer dike connecting the provinces of North Holland and Friesland. The Netherlands is famed the world over for the way it deals with water management. The Afsluitdijk, built to tame what was formerly the Zuiderzee (now the Ijsselmeer lake) is a prime example of Dutch water prowess.
Benefit from a free 1-hour Amsterdam canal cruise ticket per person (worth €16) as a bonus to use in the city at any time during your stay.
- Transportation from Amsterdam by deluxe coach
- Boat tour in Giethoorn
- Photo stop at Enkhuizen Dijk
- Free 1-hour Amsterdam canal cruise per person (worth €16)
Prepare for the activity
De Ruijterkade 34A, at the local partner's office in the IJ hall of Central Station. In the back corner of the building, on the right hand side. Please be sure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that the weather conditions can have an impact on the boat trip.