Small Group Tour to UNESCO Kinderdijk & The Hague
- Visit an UNESCO heritage windmill
- Short city tour of The Hague
- Discover masterpieces such as Vermeer’s "Girl with a Pearl Earring" and paintings by the famous Rembrandt van Rijn
- Discover the modern palace of arts, Gemeentemuseum
- Visit to Madurodam, Holland's highlights and heritage in miniature
A visit to Kinderdijk gives you the extraordinary opportunity to visit a UNESCO World Heritage site in Holland. In 1997, the windmill complex of Kinderdijk was added to the prestigious UNESCO World Heritage list because of its unique character. UNESCO considers the polder area with its dykes, mills and pumping stations to be proof of human inventiveness in reclaiming and protecting the land. This is worldwide recognition of the fact this vulnerable area must be preserved for the future.
At arrival in Kinderdijk your personal guide will take you to the visitor center, situated in an old pumping station. Watch the film about the Kinderdijk area before walking through the area. If possible, you will visit a working windmill from the inside (depending on how busy it is).
After a 90 minute visit, it's back aboard the minivan and onto The Hague. In addition to being the seat of the Dutch government, this city is also the home of the Dutch royal family and the third largest city in the country. The Hague is where most foreign embassies in the Netherlands are located, as well as 150 international organizations, including the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court. It is also the home of the Peace Palace, a number of royal palaces, the Mauritshuis, and the Binnenhof (the Dutch parliament).
At arrival in The Hague, you will do a city tour in a minivan to see all these highlights and a stop will be made for lunch before enjoying a visit to one of the 3 cultural highlights of The Hague:
- The Mauritshuis; home to some of the best Dutch paintings from the Golden Age. Discover masterpieces such as Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl earring and paintings of the famous Rembrandt van Rijn. Enjoy an audio tour.
- The Gemeentemuseum; is a modern palace of the arts. Step inside this enchanting building, wander through its beautiful daylit galleries and discover that special work of art that touches you personally. You might even leave a little in love. With that extraordinary painting by Monet, that impressive photography exhibition, the adventurous life of Piet Mondrian, the intimate galleries, or the period rooms full of Delftware.
- Madurodam; what makes the small country of the Netherlands so great? Discover this and more at Madurodam, a small city full of beautiful miniatures, playful activities and the best attractions.
You will return to Amsterdam in the late afternoon.
A professional, experienced and friendly driver/guide will accompany you throughout the tour.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by luxurious minivan
- Free Wi-Fi
- Visit to Madurodam, a small city full of beautiful miniatures, playful activities and the best attractions
- Entrance to the Gemeentemuseum, a modern palace of the arts
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Minimum participant numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Infants must sit on lap
• This is a small group tour of no more than 8 people