Cycle Amsterdam with a Local
- Cycle along Amsterdam's dykes, bridges, and canals
- Admire the city's different types of architecture
- Learn about Amsterdam's history while exploring the city center, financial district, and more
Meet your local guide in the city centre and hop on a Dutch back-pedal bike. Your Amsterdam bike tour adventure is inspired by Pete Jordan’s “In the City of Bikes”, a tale of bike culture in the city throughout history, which lends an intriguing narrative to the day’s adventure.
Weave your way through Amsterdam’s history by starting downtown and then making your way out to the northern dijks (dykes). Hit up historical sites in the financial district along the way and get an up-close look at the city’s defences, learning how windmills, canals, and walls helped build this nation and its people.
- English speaking guide
- Bikes for the whole afternoon
- Ferry trip or visit to the naval museum (weather dependent)
- Items of personal nature incl. beers at the brewery and coffee and/or snacks at the library terrace bar
- Tips or gratuities for drivers or guides
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Dam Square National Monument. Your guide will be wearing an Urban Adventures shirt/hat or will be wearing bright red. It will then be a short walk to the bike rental shop. If you are running late you can meet directly at the bike shop. From January 1, 2017: "Rent-a-Bike” rental shop, Damstraat 20 -22, 1012 HK Amsterdam. Your guide will be in the shop wearing or holding something red with the Urban Adventures logo printed on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶