Marken, Volendam, and Edam Full-Day Tour from Amsterdam
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the typical landscape of North Holland
- Stroll the streets of historic Marken
- Cruise the channels of North Holland on board the Marken Express cruise boat
- Taste the world famous edam cheese in the town of Volendam
- Go inside a traditional Dutch windmill
The full-day tour departs from Amsterdam, stopping at the small fishing town of Marken, renowned for its preservation of traditional Dutch culture. Your guide will take you on a walking tour of streets full of colorful houses, and stop at a shoemaker’s studio so you can watch a demonstration of how the wooden clogs are made.
Next, climb aboard the Marken Express boat, and continue to Volendam. As you travel, enjoy a complimentary coffee and cake, along with views of IJssel Lake. Upon arrival in Volendam, you will have some free time to explore the shops of the fishing village, or even try on a traditional costume for a souvenir photo. There will also be a tasting at a traditional Holland cheese factory in Volendam. Regroup for lunch at a restaurant along the dike.
Then, continue into the heart of North Holland to the small town of Edam, where you will be treated to a tasting to savor the flavors of the world famous edam cheese. Learn the history of the former shipyard and see the largest church in the Netherlands at the Grote Kerk as you stroll Edam's cobblestone streets.
The last stop on your tour is the open-air museum of Zaanse Schans, where a magnificent collection of historic windmills has been preserved since the 18th century. Go inside one of the windmills to learn more about this Dutch icon of industrial architecture.
Then, marvel at the picturesque homes, wooden barns, and scenic meadows of North Holland as you travel back to Amsterdam for the end of the tour services.
- Scenic bus tour through the picturesque countryside of North Holland
- Private guided walk through the Dutch villages of Marken, Volendam, Edam, and Zaanse Schans
- Visit to a wooden shoemaker´s shop and live demonstration of how the shoes are made
- Visit inside a traditional windmill
- Marken Express boat ride on IJssel Lake
- Lunch at a local restaurant on Volendam's dike
- Cheese tasting in Edam
Prepare for the activity
De Ruijterkade 34A, at the local partner's office in the IJ hall of Central Station. In the back corner of the building, on the right hand side. Please be sure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Children aged 3 years or younger go free of charge (provided they do not occupy their own seat)