Keukenhof Flower Fields, Volendam, Windmills, & Canal Cruise
- Entrance to Keukenhof and scenic drive of the flower fields in the surrounding area
- Stroll the twisting streets of Volendam and soak up the fishing village atmosphere
- Explore the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Receive a voucher for a canal cruise in Amsterdam
In the afternoon, continue to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans and see all the other Dutch icons such as windmills, cheese and clogs.
This outdoor conservation area is situated on the banks of the Zaan River and is home to traditional 18th and 19th century architecture, including several functioning windmills. Watch a live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands. There will be some free time to explore the village on your own before traveling through the distinctive polders (land reclaimed from the water) of the Beemster area.
From there, continue on to Edam, also commonly referred to as the pearl of the Zuiderzee. Edam’s ancient streets and tranquil canals are lined by beautiful 17th century buildings, including the leaning Carillon Tower, the Great Church and town hall. Most famous in Edam is beyond any doubt the public weighing house, where in summer every Wednesday, you will still find the famous Edam cheese being sold. After a stroll around this town rich in history, you’ll have the opportunity to see how Edam’s world-famous cheese is made and, of course, to taste it in a cheese farm close by. Finally, stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbor has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over to see the small buildings and houses and take in the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. This will also be a great place to pick-up souvenirs for those at home or a memento for yourself, and to have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (fish auction).
- 100 highlights cruise
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Entrance to Keukenhof, wooden shoemaker, and cheese tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• This tour is not available on 27 April 2019 (King's Day)
• There is a maximum number of people of 8
• Your voucher for the 100 highlights cruise will be provided at the end of the tour