Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam and Marken Tour
- Admire the typical Dutch windmill at Zaanse Schans
- Visit a local cheese producer to learn about Edam and Gouda Cheese
- Learn about the traditional wooden clog shoe at a clog factory
Simonehoeve Cheese Making Kaserei Fromage (cheese factory, wooden shoe factory)
Next, drive to the Waterland area to arrive at the second stop of the tour, Edam. Walk around some of the town’s most historical sites, including the town square where the famous cheese market used to take place. Then head to Volendam to visit a local cheese producer and learn from the cheese master about the production of Edam and Gouda cheeses.
Head towards a clog factory next to discover the secrets of this typical Dutch shoe. Then, travel back in time to the 17th century as you wander through the fishermen’s houses in the Marken, and explore this quintessential fishing village.
- Spanish- or English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation by bus
- Entrance to the cheese farm
- Cheese tasting
- Entrance to the clog workshop
- Any food or beverage not specified in “included”
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes