Amsterdam Beer Walking Tour with a Local
- Walk the streets of Amsterdam and learn about the legendary Dutch brewing industry on this walking tour
- See where Amsterdam’s original Heineken building first stood
- Learn how local beer flavours have been shaped over the centuries
- Drop into Amsterdam’s boutique bars and breweries
- Choose from hundreds of ales at an impressive beer hall
To begin our tour, meet your enthusiastic local guide opposite the original Heineken building, an appropriate starting place for this refreshing adventure! Walk the beautiful streets of Amsterdam, stopping at the bars of the downtown area to sample local beers and learn about the American and German influences that have shaped the Dutch brewing industry.
Stop at the New Market area to visit the spot where Amsterdam’s monks used to brew beer back in the 16th century, then choose to take an optional detour through the red light district to visit a small brewery located in this infamous area.
Continue on and finish the adventure at a legendary local beer hall that stocks more than 200 different varieties of beer! Beer lovers will be amazed at the range on offer here. Choose to sip on a pale lager, gulp some golden ale or sample a strong stout to celebrate the end of the tour.
Raise a glass with friends, make a toast to Amsterdam and don’t forget to check out the on-site beer retail store to stock up on your favourite brew or pick up some specialised beer glasses.
This tantalising tour ends here, so you are free to head back to your accommodation, stay on at the beer hall for another sneaky tipple or explore this magnetic city a little more at your own pace.
- Three Beer samples
- One typical Dutch bar snack
- Personal items
- Beers or drinks at final destination
- Additional bar snacks or beers on the tour
- Beer glasses and rare bottles of beer
- Tips/gratuities for bartenders
Prepare for the activity
Meet inside The Beer Temple, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 250, Amsterdam. NOTE: Depending on weather, your guide will be wearing or holding something red with the tour operator's name or logo. Look for the color red.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Due to the changing Dutch weather it is important to make sure to be well equipped against rain and wind, and to be wearing proper footwear for the cobbled streets.
Travelers must be 18 years old or older and have ID to show to the guide.