Private Tour of Jerash and Umm Qais Day Trip from Amman
Pickup includedPick-up available at centrally located Amman hotels.
- Gaze in awe at the well-preserved, Roman remains
- Continue to the Greco-Roman site of Umm Qais to see its basilica terrace, theaters, and other relics
- Visit the town’s archaeological Museum
- Relax in an air-conditioned private vehicle
First, venture northward through Jordan’s green landscapes to Jerash, a modern city fringed by the relics of the once-prosperous Roman city known as “Gerasa” - Jerash. Meet your friendly local guide at the entrance, and enjoy a private tour of the spectacular site, one of the best-preserved Roman cities in the Middle East. Pass through the monumental Hadrian’s Arch that was the city’s main gateway, and ogle the classic ruins spread before you. Then, stroll around this once-bustling city to see highlights such as the colonnaded avenue, the Temple of Zeus, the Hippodrome chariot-racing arena, and the Oval Plaza, an egg-shaped forum framed by a ring of standing columns. As you explore, hear captivating tales about “Gerasa” during its heyday. Learn how Alexander the Great conquered the city in the 2nd-century B.C., and how later, local farmers cultivated much-coveted fruits and vegetables to sell on to the wealthy Roman residents.
After free time to explore on your won, continue to the village of Umm Qais, overlooking the ruins of another Roman Decapolis city known as “Gadara”. Soak up the views from here over the Sea of Galilee and Golan Heights to explore the Greco-Roman ruins, including the amphitheater, crumbled mausoleum, basilica terrace, as well as other theaters and treasures. Then, visit the town’s museum to admire some of the precious artifacts recovered from the site, including mosaics and marble statues. Journey back to Amman where your trip concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- An air-conditioned van to suit your party's needs
- Entrance Fees to the mentioned sites: Jerash, Umm Qais and its museum
- Local English-speaking guide for classic visit of Jerash and Umm Qais
- Lunch (if options selected)
- Personal Expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Food and drinks
• For clients holding Jordan Pass, the corresponding entrance fees are to be returned directly at destination
• Pick-up and drop-off from Amman Queen Alia International Airport available by request for lay-over day tour
• Local SIM cards and Wi-Fi are available upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
• Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic
• This tour is provided in English. Spanish and French guides can be arranged by request
• Complimentary pick-up is offered for this tour activity