Bethany Baptism Jordan River Site and Al–Salt City Tour
Pick-up servicePick-up at your hotel in Amman.
- Witness the possible baptismal location of Jesus Christ
- See the River Jordan
- Eat a delicious lunch of traditional food
- Enjoy a walking tour of Al-Salt
Whilst here you will meet your local guide and take a tour of the riverbanks and key excavated ruins, learning how the site was sanctified as the place of Jesus’ baptism by the Vatican and a visit by Pope John Paul II in 2000. Drink in the powerful sense of spirituality, and see the remnants of Roman and Byzantine churches, caves, wells, and baptismal pools. As you walk, listen to your guide explain why archaeologists believe that it was here that John the Baptist lived, preached, and performed baptisms. Hear more about this famous Christian pilgrimage spot and how it is held holy in all three major religions — Christianity, Judaism, and Islam for being the believed site of the Prophet Elijah’s ascension to heaven. Afterward, reconvene with your driver and return to Amman, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
Depart for the city of Al-Salt, where your guide will lead you on a walking tour of the Harmony Trail. Visit Jordan's ancient capital highlights such as Al-Khader Orthodox Church, the Great Mosque, the English Evangelical Hospital Complex, Al-Ein Plaza, and the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church. Learn how the lives of local residents who follow both Christian and Muslim faiths are intertwined. After your walking tour, you'll have some free time to explore on your own before returning to Amman for your hotel drop off.
- Entrance Fees to: Bethany (Baptism Site at Jordan River) and Al - Salt Harmony Trail
- Local English-speaking guide for classic visit of Bethany (Baptism Site at Jordan River) and Al - Salt Harmony Trail
- Spanish and French guides by request
- All meals and beverages (unless option with lunch selected) (Vegetarian meal by request)
- Vegetarian lunch can be provided upon request
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
Prepare for the activity
• For clients holding Jordan Pass, the corresponding entrance fees to be returned directly at destination
• Pick-up and drop-off from Amman Queen Alia International Airport available by request for lay over dayt our
• Local SIM cards and Wi-Fi are available upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change depending on communication company)
• Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic
• The Bethany in this trip should not be confused with Bethany in Jerusalem, where it's believed that Mary Magdalene lived and Lazarus rose from the dead