Almeria: Camel Rides and Visit of the Farm
- Enjoy a pleasant camel ride along a dry riverbed
- Meet the nicest and friendliest camels ever
- Learn interesting facts about these desert animals
- Feed them and have fun with them
The ride takes 35 minutes and the track is along a dry riverbed. The camels walk in a queue, a caravan of between 9 and 12 animals. The route belongs not to a natural reserve, so the landscape is not perfect at all points along the walk. Despite this, the environment is really interesting; it includes ancient irrigation systems and also lots of geological items to discover. There are many seashells around 4 and a half millions years old as well as a fossilized coral reef.
The animals are very quiet and confident, they are used to meet people and enjoy contact with the public. If you wish to, you may bring your camel a present. What they like most is dry bread, carrots, and fruits. Once on the farm all the camels will ask you for goodies, and there are always some tomatoes, branches, peppers, or cucumbers available to feed them. Some of the animals will be lying on the sand, outside of the barn. They are very used to being brushed by children and really enjoy this. In order to plan the trip as best as possible, it is important to know the weight of each adult rider and the age of any children.
- Camel ride, feeding and interaction with the animals
- At least one English, Arabic, French, and German speaking staff member (all speak Spanish)
- Taxi call service
- All spaces are accessible for wheelchairs, but disabled users can only ride on camelback if they weigh up to 75 kg
- Pickup (should come with car or taxi - it is hard to come by the bus line, which stops half an hour away walking)
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is on the camel farm. It is located in the municipality of Pechina (Almería). Best way to arrive: please go to the population Viator. From there, from the centre of this village, give your navigator the following address: Camino Ramblín, Pechina. Once at the end of this way (Camino Ramblín), turn right following the signs, go straight, leave the asphalt, when the road divides take the left way coming up and following a curve. There you will find a sign "Camel Farm. Please let your car here". Go on walking 70 metres and you will see the main entrance of the farm.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• You can park your car nearby the farm
• There are toilets on the farm, a barbecue, tables, and chairs
• There is some shelter against sun and rain and a room to sit indoor
• Please take into consideration there are weight limits on the sides. Only light people and children will ride on the sides, two people per animal. Bigger people will be asked to ride over the hump of the camel, in the middle, like in Egypt. So it would be better to wear pants instead of skirts. To ride in the middle is not redommended if you have back, hip, knee problems or disabilities. Riders over 105 kg of bodyweight are not permitted (230 pounds, 16,7 St). If any of your group is over this weight limit, he or she could accompany you visiting the farm and may also walk with us along the ride or wait on the farm, without any charge
• If you would like to bring a present for your camel, just know they are crazy about dry bread and fruits
You might also like...
Product ID: 196939