Alkmaar: Private Walking Tour
- Discover hidden treasures of Alkmaar
- Enjoy more than just the famous cheese! See lovely churches, canals, and gables of this serene town
- Visit the famous market square
- Discover history with your knowledgable, local guide
- Visit the Cheese Museum Alkmaar
The most important sights that your private guide will show are the public weighing house, home to the weekly cheese market on Fridays during the summer (April – first Friday in September), Saint Lauren Church and the pretty 16th century constructed town hall. House with the bullet is a wooden building from the 16th century with a bullet in its façade dating back to the days of the war against Spain in 1573.
See the lively shopping streets and relax on of the many terraces in Alkmaar. The town of Alkmaar has over 400 monuments and is the oldest city in this part of the country, most likely founded by the Romans.
Your visit to Alkmaar is made complete with a visit to the cheese museum. In this museum you will learn all about the process of cheese making from milk to the cheese you find back home in your local supermarket.
After having spent two lovely hours at lively Alkmaar, you can join the locals in the shops or bar. If you travel further on, the new train station welcomes you back for journey onwards.
- Private tour in chosen language
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly guide
- Visit to Cheese Museum Alkmaar
- All local taxes
- Food and drinks