Sagres, Lagos & Silves: Western Algarve Minivan Tour
Pick-up servicePickup possible from hotels and apartments in the coastal area of Albufeira and Faro. Please note that you may have to walk to the nearest pick-up point from your hotel.
- Enjoy the views over the Atlantic Ocean at São Vicente Cape, the southwestern end of Europe
- See the marks of ancient civilizations at Sagres fortress
- Explore Lagos old town and its medieval ramparts or take a boat ride along one of the world's most beautiful coastlines
- Visit the medieval town of Silves and its moorish castle
- Discover Baleeira, an old stronghold next to Sagres
Proceed to Sagres, known for Portuguese maritime expansion. Observe the amazing coves on the ocean, vestiges of ancient civilizations and old ruins. Delight yourself with the landscape and the infinite blue covering the skyline. Separated only 1.5 kilometers away from the Sagres Fortress there's another old stronghold ruins, known as Baleeira, that used to defend fishermen from pirates.
Before reaching Lagos, get to Ponta da Piedade lighthouse; see the beautiful beaches of golden sand and stunning cliffs along the coastline. Lagos is your next stop. Here you can choose a walking tour or a boat trip. In the walking tour, explore the old medieval city with its ramparts that transport you to another era. Lagos maintains an excellent complicity with the sea, and everything from architecture to gastronomy demonstrates this connection. The boat trip lasts approximately 1-hour and you can see caves formed over thousands of years, an authentic natural wonder that does not leave anyone disappointed.
Finally, visit the quiet town of Silves, nestled in a valley with a proud castle on the top, the largest in the whole Algarve and a great example of Islamic architecture. The vivid colors of the buildings' facades, the narrow streets, the Arade River and the green hillside make Silves a great way to end the day before returning to your accommodation.
- Informal tour guide/driver with live commentary on board
- Small-group tour (up to 8 people max)
- Pick-up and drop off at designated areas
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance and guided visit inside Silves Castle
- Traditional local pastry
- WiFi inside van
- Guided walking tour of Lagos (if selected over the boat trip)
- Lunch (or any other meal unless specified)
- 1-Hour boat tour from Lagos (if selected). It has a cost of €20, to be paid directly to the guide, in the day of the tour.
When you get there
• In summer bring your sunscreen, and in winter it gets quite cold so make sure you bring a jacket
• Boat tour option is subject to favorable weather conditions. A walking tour in the city center of Lagos will be given as an alternative if the boat ride cannot be performed.
• Boat tour only available from May to October.
• A moderate amount of walking is involved. Beware that some areas can be physically challenging (steep ascent)