Algarve: 2-Hour Ria Formosa Kayak Tour from Faro
- Paddle your kayak along the channels and marshes of Ria Formosa Nature Park
- Discover the abundance of wildlife in this protected area with your nature guide
- Enjoy views of the lovely old town of Faro on the return trip
With your guide you'll discover the enormous abundance of wildlife and learn about the history and local economic activities of one of the most important protected areas in the Algarve.
You'll head out on a leisurely paddle through the peaceful waters of the Ria Formosa Park and stop at one of its islets for a break and a chance to take in the beauty of the unique habitats.
After your rest stop you’ll paddle back as you enjoy stunning views of the old town of Faro along the way.
All tours are accompanied by experienced instructors. The kayaks are double, sit-on-top models, and are safe, comfortable, and glide along easily. No previous paddling experience is required to enjoy this nature activity.
- Guided kayak tour
- Use of kayak, paddles, and safety gear
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Children under 5 years
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• You may want to bring a small snack.
• Bring plenty of drinking water to avoid dehydration.
• Wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes that are suitable for kayaking (a windbreaker and a waterproof coat are useful, although not essential).
• A rucksack or backpack is recommended to carry your snack, sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen.
• It’s a good idea to bring along a camera, swimsuit, and beach towel.
• A change of clothing can make a difference at the end of your kayak tour.
• Safety comes first, so please follow the instructions and recommendations of your guide, especially those relating to safety issues
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
• The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Not wheelchair accessible