Algarve Dolphin Watching & Marine Life Eco Tour
- See common and bottlenose dolphins
- Look out for minke wales and harbor porpoise
The vendor is a dedicated supporter of marine life conservation and an ecotourism provider.
Departing Faro you will travel aboard a comfortable and safe RIB boat with a nature guide in tow, who will give you fascinating facts about the extraordinary sea life of this lovely location.
The boat trip is approximately 2 hours long and cruises through the calm waters of the Ria Formosa towards the big blue ocean, reaching 10 or 12 miles offshore. You will sail along the coastline of the Algarve, pass by the barrier-islands of Ria Formosa and Santa Maria Cape looking out for several species of cetaceans.
Seabirds will be your constant companions, including Northern Gannet, Balearic Shearwater, Mediterranean Gull and several species of Storm Petrels. Seagulls will duck and dive around the fishing boats.
Look out for other marine wildlife, such as sea turtles, Ocean Sunfish, sharks, and even the occasional Harbor Porpoise or Minke Whale.
After the exciting water adventure tracking the intense marine life, you will return to Ria Formosa where the tour ends.
- Boat trip
- Life vests
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Any extra expenses
- Children under 5 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point for your tour or activity is at the office of the local partner at the shop "Pure Nature Store" - ground floor of the building of Ginásio Clube Naval de Faro (Nautical Club of Faro). Please check-in for your tour or activity with team members at least 10 minutes before the departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable clothes
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Due to safety reasons children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour
• The tour operator can not fully guarantee the observation of marine wildlife because they are in their natural habitat, encounters with dolphins and other marine animals may not be possible during the tour
• May be operated by a multilingual guide
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond control