GetYourGuide Exclusive: Alcatraz & Sonoma Guided Bike Tour
- Use your time wisely with a 2-Day combo package that includes a visit to Alcatraz plus a guided bike tour of Sonoma Valley Wine Country
- Hop on a ferry to Alcatraz Island and take a self-guided audio tour at your own pace
- Learn about the famous inmates of Alcatraz prison and their escape attempts
- Join a leisurely 4-hour guided bike tour of Sonoma and visit 3-4 wineries and tasting rooms
- Sit back and relax with roundtrip transportation from San Francisco to Sonoma Wine Country
Begin your first day experiencing the infamous Alcatraz Island up close with the official U.S. National Parks Service Alcatraz tour. Take a quick ferry boat ride from San Francisco to the Rock, and explore the prison blocks, cells, and outlying buildings that made up the most feared prison in the United States.
Learn about the island’s history from some of its more notorious inmates with the award-winning audio headset tour, available in 11 different languages. Find out about some of the famous residents, such as Al Capone and “Birdman” Robert Stroud, and hear about the many escape attempts by various inmates over the years. Take your time on Alcatraz and take any ferry back to land whenever you are ready to depart.
On your second day, meet your tour in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf, where you'll board the shuttle bus for a 9 AM departure to Sonoma Wine Country. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge, through scenic Marin County, and into beautiful Sonoma for a guided wine country bicycle tour.
Begin your 4-hour bicycle tour at 10 AM in Sonoma. Cycle through idyllic landscapes, enjoying the fresh air and winding roads as your knowledgeable guide leads the way, taking you to see the very best that wine country has to offer. Visit local wineries and tasting rooms, where you can explore gorgeous properties and taste delicious wine.
Pedal through sun-soaked scenery as your knowledgeable guide tells you more about the area. Stop for lunch at a charming local park, where you can refuel with food from a nearby vendor, or simply relax, recharge, and enjoy the stunning vistas. Continue past historic points of interest to learn more about the area's fascinating history, then wrap up the bicycle tour at a beloved tasting room on Sonoma Plaza.
Once the guided bike tour ends, spend some free time to relax, shop, and explore some more on your own. The return shuttle departs Sonoma at 3 PM, and returns back to the starting location in San Francisco. Tasting fees, winery purchases, and lunch are not included; please bring your own lunch or cash/card for the en-route lunch break.
- Alcatraz Island roundtrip ferry ticket plus a self-guided audio tour of Alcatraz Island (available in multiple languages)
- Roundtrip shuttle transportation between San Francisco and Sonoma
- Hybrid bike rental
- Bike fitting and orientation
- Cycling tour guide
- A bicycle helmet, lock, handlebar bag, and rear rack for bags/purses
- Tasting fees
- Winery purchases
- Optional gratuity
Prepare for the activity
• Day 1 - Alcatraz. Please meet at Pier 33 (Alcatraz Landing), San Francisco, CA 94133. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure. • Day 2 - Sonoma Guided Bike Tour. For the bike tour on the second day, meet at the Big Bus Office at 99 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133. Please arrive at 8:45 AM for a 9 AM departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
- Comfortable clothes
• Please note that all Alcatraz packages are non-refundable and cannot be changed
• For your Alcatraz tour, please arrive at Pier 33 at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled Alcatraz departure time
• Please take a valid form of photo identification to redeem your voucher to visit Alcatraz
• For your Sonoma bike tour, please take a credit card, which is required for a security deposit on the bike
• You must be 21 years or older to take part in wine tasting
• Take your own lunch or cash/card to purchase food and snacks on the bike tour
• If you would like to change the date of your Sonoma bike tour, please call the local partner to check availability for a different day. Please note that you cannot change the date of your Alcatraz tour