Alcatraz and Ferry Building Food Tour
- Enjoy a day-long excursion of the Ferry Building Marketplace and Alcatraz Island exploring land, sea, history, and food
- Savor some artisan cheese from Cowgirl Creamery, fresh loaves from Acme Bread, and macarons from Miette
- Go at your own pace at Alcatraz and explore one of the world's most famous prisons
Beginning your tour at the Ferry Building Marketplace, you'll sample award-winning tastes from the Bay Area’s best food artisans, learning how this historic transportation building became the ultimate destination for food lovers: locals and visitors alike. Expect artisan cheese from Cowgirl Creamery, fresh loaves from Acme Bread, chocolate confections from Recchuiti, and French macarons from Miette (subject to change). Come hungry!
Once you’ve satisfied your culinary cravings, you'll be directed to Pier 33 (a short walk from the Ferry Building) to Alcatraz Landing to pick up your tickets for the Alcatraz Cruise afternoon departure to The Rock. Most guests spend approximately 2.5 hours exploring the island, but you are welcome to return when you choose. A self-guided headset tour (with Al Capone talking in your ear) is also included in the ticket price.
- 5-6 tastings
- Food industry professional guide
- Ticket for the Alcatraz Cruises ferry to Alcatraz Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation from Ferry Building to Pier 33 Alcatraz Cruises
- Guide gratuity
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the base of the steps in front of the Ferry Building next to the main entrance. Guides will be wearing a messenger bag with the Edible Excursions logo on the front panel.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• Each guest's name is required 7 days in advance (please provide on the checkout page). If incomplete information is provided you will not get tickets, nor receive a refund.
• Diet restrictions are required 7 days in advance or accommodations will not be possible.