Sibiu and Calnic Fortress: Tour from Cluj-Napoca
Pickup includedPickup from your hotel.
- Visit the most important sights of Sibiu city
- Find out who the Saxons were and why were they in Transylvania
- Savor some delicious local home cooked food
- Admire the countryside and find out the story of fortified churches
First stop will be for the visit of Calnic fortified church, UNESCO heritage. Transfer to Sibiel for a home cooked lunch in a rural guesthouse and the visit of a very interesting museum of icons painted on glass by peasants.
Arrive in Sibiu and begin the tour of the city center, which is one of the most representative Saxon establishments in Transylvania and the best defended of them all. Visit the four fortifications of the medieval town, Liar’s Bridge, and the small and big squares. The transfer back to Cluj is approximately a 3 hour drive.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinks (other than the ones included for lunch)
- Personal expenses
- Photo tax