Day Trip to Kleine Scheidegg: Center of the Alps
- Get breathtaking views of the glacier at Kleine Scheidegg
- Discover the idyllic Bernese Oberland
- See the triple peaks of the Eiger, Mönch mountain and Jungfrau
- Go to the famous mountain resort of Grindelwald to ride the cogwheel train to Kleine Scheidegg
- Descend the mountain by train to Lauterbrunnen and pass the car-free resort of Wengen
Continue to the famous mountain resort of Grindelwald and board the cogwheel train up to Kleine Scheidegg. Marvel at the north face of the Eiger as it appears to be within your grasp. Enjoy the sensational alpine environment to the full during your independent stay at the mountain pass. Kleine Scheidegg offers something for everyone and is the starting point for many beautiful hikes, including the Jungfrau Eiger Walk (open late June to October) with views of the rock and ice masses of the Eiger glacier.
Find a restaurant serving regional alpine dishes (optional). Then, meet your guide in the afternoon to descend the mountain by train. Journey to Lauterbrunnen, passing the car-free holiday resort of Wengen, known for its top events such as the Lauberhorn Races.
Full of mountain-fresh air and fond alpine memories, travel back to Zurich in the evening.
- Partly-guided tour by a professional multilingual guide
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Cogwheel train Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg - Lauterbrunnen
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Sihlquai parking lot near Zürich Hauptbahnhof, the main train station of Zurich (stop "Sihlquai"). Directions: Go to track 18 (the last track on the ground floor) and follow it, with the street to your right, until the street turns right. Make a right with the street and walk for 20 meters. You will see "Starbucks Coffee" in front of the large square of Sihlquai Coach Parking. If you go by tram, take numbers 4, 13 or 17 to the "Sihlquai" stop and you will see "Sihlquai Coach Parking" opposite "Starbucks Coffee."Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Food and drinks in the vehicle