York Minster and City Walking Tour
- Learn from your young and energetic tour guide from York University
- See the inside of York Minster, one of the largest Cathedrals in Northern Europe
- Explore the York City Walls with their picturesque views
- Explore all of the major historic landmarks in central York
This tour will cover both history and architecture but in a way that can really hold your interest. Many of the tour guides are local history students and all are well-versed in York’s unique history and keen to share it with visitors. Over the course of the walking tour, they will work tirelessly to show you a truly memorable experience.
The York Minster is a truly stunning attraction and is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe. The first church on this site dates back to 627AD and the result of its various incarnations is nothing but an architectural marvel. Your tour will also cover the English Reformation and its effect on the Minster. This was perhaps one of the most profound events in English history and the effects of which are still being felt today. Apart from York Minster, this 2-hour walking tour will cover Emperor Constantine, Richard III, The Multangular Tower, Guy Fawkes, The King’s Manor, Berden Hall, St Mary’s Abbey, York City Walls, Clifford’s Tower, Monk Bar, Fairfax House, York Castle Prison, Stonegate, St Williams College, and War of the Roses.
- Entrance fee to York Minster