From Yerevan: Kasakh Gorge Trekking
Pickup includedPick-up and Drop-off from your hotel in Yerevan
- Get out of the city to see some of the most impressive natural landscapes that Armenia has to offer
- Admire ancient cultural and natural landmarks side by side
- Go on a hike nearby Yerevan ideal for a one-day excursion
Pass through the village of Ohanavan and descend into the Kasakh Canyon, where the beautiful river of the same name flows and dramatic geological formations along rock cliffs combine with structures from the first and second millennia BC.
Hike along the canyon to reach the orchards of the village Saghmosavan and check out the Saghmosavank Monastery (Monastery of the Psalms) which overlooks the gorge like its sister Hovhannavank Monastery. Learn about the unique architecture of a thirteenth century structure, which, poised atop a precipitous cliff face, dominates the ridge line and has an impressive silhouette that can be seen from the neighboring villages. Explore the old annex of monastery dug deep into the rock and admire the spectacular views of the gorge below before heading back to Yerevan.
- Transportation to and from the hiking trails in a private vehicle
- English or French-speaking guide
- Mineral water and a packed lunch
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Sun hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen
• Hiking sticks
• Water bottle
• Comfortable shoes and clothes