A tour to uncover the majestic monasteries and fascinating surrounding nature of the Lori province in Armenia.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Russian
- Pickup included
- Your Yerevan accommodation.
- Private group
- Explore 3 miracles of Armenian medieval architecture
- Delve into the mind-blowing nature of the Lori province
- Discover diverse landscapes on your journey
In the morning, your professional team members will greet you in order to head to the northern province of Lori. It is one of the most picturesque regions in Armenia, offering dramatic changes of the views, from lush forests to rocky mountains and endless steppes. You will stop at the village of Odzun, situated on the left bank of the river Debed to explore the 5th-7th-century basilica church Odzun. Following this, you will depart to The UNESCO World Heritage Listed Monastery Sanahin which was built in the 10th century and is undeniably one of the most precious landmarks of the region. Next, you will drive towards another UNESCO listed Monastery, Haghpat, built in approximately the same period as Sanahin. Both monasteries lie in a plain green area, surrounded by numerous "khachkars" and splendid nature. Later, you will head to the Akhtala village to admire the Akhtala Monastery, famous for its highly artistic frescoes, which cover the walls of the fortress. The perfect location of this structure offers guests an excellent viewpoint over the divine surroundings of the province.
- Private transfer by comfortable vehicle
- Professional driver
- Bottled water
Select participants and date