Private Fujian Hakka Tulou Cultural Trip from Xiamen
Pickup includedYour downtown Xiamen Hotel
- Walk around the ancient village, visit local Hakka people and enjoy the tranditional Hakka cuisine and Hakka tea.
- Take in the culture and history by experiencing it yourself
- See the unique and historical Earth building of Hakka
- Have the opportunity to taste real Hakka cuisine, drink mellow Hakka rice wine, taste Hakka tea and learn the Hakka language with local people
By 11:00, you will arrive at Gaobei Tulou Cluster and visit Chengqilou, the largest Tulou in this area, which is almost three hundred years old and made up of four concentric circular buildings. This King of Round Earth Building has altogether 400 rooms and is used to house 80 families with a total of more than 600 people in its prosperous days. Lunch is at your own expense but your guide will give you ideas and recommendation.
At 13:00, you will arrive at Chuxi Tulou Cluster and check into the Hakka family hotel. Chuxi Tulou Cluster is situated on the hillside about 25 miles (40 kilometers) southeast of Yongding County. There are five circular Tulou buildings and over a dozen of rectangular ones in Chuxi Village. You will visit Jiqinglou, Shengqilou and Yuqinglou, which are typical Hakka earth buildings among Chuxi Tulou Cluster. Jiqinglou was built in 1419 during the reign of Emperor Yongle of Ming Dynasty. Jiqinglou is comprised of two concentric rings: outer ring and inner ring with four floors. Jiqinglou has 72 staircases dividing the Tulou building into 72 independent Units. Shengqinglou was built in 1799 covering an area of 2,165 square feet (660 square meters) that has three floors with 37 rooms on each floor. Yuqinglou was first built in 1729 but now it is converted into a family hotel. In the afternoon, you will also visit a local family to chat with the host and hostess and learn about their daily life and local customs. Later, climb to the top of a nearby hill to get a bird’s eye view of Chuxi Village. The remaining time of the afternoon will be free for you to stroll around in the village. You will depart from Chuxi Village at 16:00 for heading back to your hotel by 19:00 where this amazing day tour is concluded.
- Air-conditioned transportation and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance Fees
- Visit Tea Plantation, Tea-tasting in Hakka Family
- Airfare or train tickets to enter or leave Xiamen
- Tips to guide and driver
- Insurance and personal charges such as excess baggage charge, Expenses for extra staying
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• Tipping Standard: 50-100RMB per day for tour guide, 40-50RMB per day for driver
• The tour providers are flexible, and can stop on the way for you to look into the local lifestyle
• If you require, we can book hotels in Chengdu, and make private airport and city tour necessary
• Are you interested in this itinerary ? Send us a message and let your tour guide help you plan and book your China vacation based on this sample. Expect a response within 24 hours, or contact your travel consultant