Lake District: Beatrix Potter Half-Day Tour
- Visit Hill Top Farm, where you will have chance to visit the gardens and shop (not open between 11/04/19 - 02/15/20)
- Enjoy a tranquil cruise on a lake
- Drive through the Lake District around Lake Windermere
- Visit the beauty spot of Tarn Hows
- Get inspired as Potter did in the village of Hawkshead
The tour starts as you make your way to Hill Top, the 17th-century home that Beatrix Potter used as an artistic retreat. Stroll through the colorful garden, home to various flowers, vegetables and herbs. If you would like a tour of the old 17th-century farmhouse, this can be arranged by the local supplier after booking. The house and gardens remain as they were when Beatrix Potter herself lived there. (Hill Top is not open between 11/04/19 - 02/15/20, during the winter months an alternative attraction will be offered).
After exploring Miss Potter’s extraordinary house, you will continue to the medieval village of Hawkshead, where you will have some time to explore the fascinating village. You will drive through the renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows.
The afternoon concludes with a cruise down England’s largest lake, Windermere, offering unrivaled views of the mountains.
- Windermere Lake Cruise
- Transportation in a small mini-coach
- On-board commentary in English
- Lunch and refreshments
- Additional Entrance fees
- Drivers gratuity (optional)
- Entrance to Hill Top (Hill Top is not open between 11/04/19 - 02/15/20, during the winter months an alternative attraction will be offered)
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
• Hill Top House must be booked in advance by contacting the local partner