Lake District: Beatrix Potter Half-Day Tour from Windermere
- Visit Hill Top Farm, where you will have chance to visit the gardens and shop
- Cruise on England's largest Lake, Windermere
- Drive through the Lake District around Lake Windermere
- Visit the beauty spot of Tarn Hows
- Get inspired as Potter did in the village of Hawkshead
The tour starts as you make your way to Hill Top, the 17th-century home that Beatrix Potter used as an artistic retreat. Stroll through the colorful garden, home to various flowers, vegetables and herbs. If you would like a tour of the old 17th-century farmhouse then you can pay an additional £11.80 per adult and £5.90 per child on the day. The house and gardens remain as they were when Beatrix Potter herself lived there.
After exploring Miss Potter’s extraordinary house, you will continue to the medieval village of Hawkshead, where you will have some time to explore the fascinating village. You will drive through the renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows.
The afternoon concludes with a cruise down England’s largest lake, Windermere, offering unrivaled views of the mountains.
- Windermere Lake Cruise
- Transportation in a small mini-coach
- On-board commentary in English
- Lunch and refreshments
- Additional Entrance fees
- Drivers gratuity (optional)
- Entrance to Hill Top (£11.80 per adult and £5.90 per child, payable on the day)
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
The tour departs from outside the Windermere Tourist Information Centre at 12:00. Please go to the tour operator's desk inside. Address: Victoria Street, Windermere, LA23 1AD. Easily accessible, 100 meter walk from the Windermere bus and train station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
• You must contact the local supplier directly to book entry to the house before your tour
• Hill Top House must be booked in advance by contacting the local partner