Roman Britain and Hadrian's Wall Tour from Windermere
- Walk along Hadrian's Wall, a UNESCO heritage site
- Marvel at the beauty of Cumbria and the Scottish Borders as you travel from Lake Windemere
- Visit the informative Roman Army Museum
- Stop-off and admire the Cumbrian landscape from Hartside Pass
- Enjoy an informative historical tour led by a friendly guide
Drive through the heart of the lakes taking in the fabulous scenery whilst heading towards the Scottish borders.
Follow Hadrian’s Wall past Mile Castles and Towers finally reaching the Roman Army Museum. You will stop here for a spot of lunch and take a look around.
Afterwards continue walking along the wall taking in the spectacular sites of Fell End, Sunny Rigg, Great Chester, and eventually Steel Rigg.
Return to the Lakes via Alston, England’s highest market town. Stop for a and view the Cumbrian Mountains from Hartside Pass.
- Transport in a mini-coach
- On-board commentary in English
- Roman Army Museum entry
- Vindolanda entry
- Food and drinks
- Additional entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The tour departs from outside the Windermere Tourist Information Centre at 09:15AM. Address: Victoria Street, Windermere, LA23 1AD. Easily accessible, 100 meter walk from the Windermere bus and train station. Please go to the Mountain Goat Desk inside.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Confirmation is received at the time of booking
• There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
• There are toilet stops on route
• Minimal walking is involved, please wear sensible shoes and bring a light rain coat
• The vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
• Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
• Seats cannot be reserved
• Each passenger must have their own seat