Prague: 2.5-Hour Vyšehrad Castle with Gorlice & Tickets
- Enjoy spectacular views of Prague from Vyšehrad’s fortified walls
- See the stunning interior of the Collegiate neo-Gothic Church of Saints Peter and Paul
- Visit the famous Vyšehrad Cemetery, where the most prominent personalities of Czech culture, science, and politics are buried
- Explore the mysterious underground area of the Vyšehrad Fortress
Meet your guide in the center of Prague right in front of the entrance to the National Museum at the top of Wenceslas Square. Following a short metro ride, enter the gates of the baroque fortress and walk through the spacious park area which holds hidden treasures including the Romanesque Chapel of St. Martin from the late 11th century. Then visit the Collegiate Church of Saints Peter and Paul (attached to Vyšehrad’s Royal Collegiate Chapter) which was radically rebuilt in neo-Gothic style in the late 19th century and is now decorated with Art Nouveau frescoes.
Continue walking through the adjoining cemetery where you can see the graves of some of the most notable Czech artists such as Antonín Dvořák, Bedřich Smetana, Alfons Mucha, and Karel Čapek. Slow down and find out who they were and what was special about their lives. Take your time enjoying the stunning views of the city and if you still want to see more, enter the underground casemates inside Vyšehrad’s fortification walls, which are home to some of the original Baroque statues from Charles Bridge.
- Metro ticket
- St. Peter’s and Paul’s Basilica entrance ticket
- Vyšehrad Casemates (Gorlice) entrance ticket
- Local guide