Weta Workshop's There and Back Again: The Full Experience
- Journey from central Wellington to the Weta Cave in a dedicated shuttle
- Enjoy an exclusive documentary on arrival with priority seating
- Gain incredible insight into Weta Workshop’s creativity for film and television
- Get up close to the props, weapons, costumes and creatures crafted for some of the world’s biggest films
- Discover the 'Thunderbirds Are Go' shooting stage and marvel at huge miniature sets
Meet at the Wellington i-SITE to board your shuttle to Weta Studio Tours. Your friendly driver will point out Wellington film landmarks along the way. On arrival at the famous Weta Cave, take a seat for an exclusive documentary about the history of Weta's creativity.
A Weta Workshop crew member will then guide you on a tour through a converted area of the Workshop. From your favorite films to larger-than-life exhibitions: join the Weta Cave Workshop Tour to learn about the practical effects created for The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, the record-breaking Gallipoli: The Scale of our War and more! Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with the tools and technology of the Workshop's creative departments. Catch a glimpse of artists at work on the tour stage and learn secrets of movie magic!
Afterwards, step foot onto a real shooting stage with the Miniatures Stage Tour and discover the Weta Workshop models built for the popular TV series, Thunderbirds Are Go! Your guide will reveal initial concepts and storyboards, then take you through the unbelievable miniature environments built for the show. Includes a rare photo opportunity with the Tracy brothers in a purpose-built set!
Return to the Weta Cave, where you can snap photos with the life-sized sculptures, wander through the mini museum, and browse the incredible range of Weta-designed collectibles and movie merchandise, before your return trip to central Wellington.
- Admission tickets
- Guided return transfers with live commentary onboard
- Visit the famous Weta Cave shop
- Priority seating to documentary
- Professional guides
- 45-minute guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- 45-minute guided Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go
- Hotel pick-up or drop-off is not available.
Prepare for the activity
Guided transfers for The Full Experience depart from the Wellington iSITE bus park opposite the Amora Hotel. This is 1 minutes’ walk from the iSITE building along Wakefield Street in Wellington.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Reserve your spot well in advance as tours are very popular, particularly during peak season (October - April).
• Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide.
• This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so covered shoes are required. An extra warm layer is also recommended.
• A short return transfer is included from the Weta Cave shop to the Miniatures Stage Tour and is not suitable for wheelchairs. If you have special requirements, please contact Weta Studio Tours.
• There is no luggage storage available in the Weta Cave or at the tour spaces
• Family tickets (2 adults, 2 children) are not available for purchase on GetYourGuide