Wellington: Waterfront Private Guided Bike Tour
- Experience the city by bike with your own private guide
- See beautiful panoramic views of Wellington Harbour
- Take in architectural highlights including the Beehive and historic Victorian villas
Your first stop overlooks the New Zealand Parliament Buildings, featuring the iconic Beehive and neighboring former Government House. From there, ride on to the waterfront area for great views across Wellington's magnificent harbor and central business district which features an eclectic and interesting mix of architectural styles.
The riding route continues around the harbor towards Oriental Bay then Evans Bay, with stops along the way to appreciate the views and wild natural beauty of the region. Enjoy the Wind Sculpture Walk with several large-scale art installations created by well-known professional artists before pedaling back to the beach for a delicious ice cream.
Two last stops before heading back to base showcase the conservation stories of Wellington and the creative culture of the city. This is a fun, leisurely sightseeing tour by bicycle that leaves you with a real sense of what makes the wonderful capital city tick.
- Private guide
- Ice cream
- Bottled water
- Transfers to and from meeting point
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
We're located on ground floor, Wellington Railway Station, 2 Bunny Street, Pipitea, Wellington. Upon arriving at the station, walk to the front of the building and head to the far left-hand side where you will see two sets of double doors. Enter and you'll find our clearly branded base to the left just inside the second set of doors.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• If a tour is cancelled due to high winds, an alternative date will be offered
• If you are unable to participate on any other dates, a full refund will be provided
• Participants must be able to ride a bike confidently and unassisted
• There is a mix of on-road and off-road cycle lanes and flat terrain