Museum of Te Papa Tongarewa Twilight Express Tour
- See the highlights of the museum's vast collection and gain insight from your guide
- Explore the museum in the early evening, when the daytime crowds have thinned
- Learn about New Zealand's art and history, Māori culture, and natural environment
The museum extensive collections are spread over six floors with over 200,000 items. Join a small group lead by a friendly, knowledgeable guide who will take you on the most direct route to the museum's popular exhibits. The route may vary depending on your guide.
The guides are highly trained, with a knack for bringing the stories of New Zealand's places and people to life. You will stop regularly to interact with the displays and learn about the most important works and artifacts. See Māori cultural treasures, the museum’s own 'marae' (Māori meeting house), as well as historic and contemporary art.
- Museum entry ticket
- 45-minute guided tour
- Expert, friendly guide
- Live commentary in English
Prepare for the activity
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, 55 Cable Street, Wellington, New Zealand Enter the museum and head straight up the stairs to the Information Desk on Level 2. Present your voucher to the staff at the Information Desk at least 10 minutes prior to your tour departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Children under 5 years old are free of charge, all participants require a ticket
• The museum is easily accessible by foot, bus, train or car from central Wellington
• Outdoor and covered parking is available onsite for a fee
• Wheelchairs can be hired free of charge on site, subject to availability