Museum of Te Papa Tongarewa Maori Highlights Tour
- Explore the museum's Maori cultural treasures on guided tour
- Listen to stories and insights about Maori culture, art, and history
- Discover cultural exhibits with a friendly, knowledgable guide in a small group
In central Wellington, you're rarely more than a 20-minute walk away from The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, a cultural history museum located on the waterfront. Gain free admission to the museum and explore at your own pace. Then, join a small-group afternoon tour with a friendly, knowledgeable guide to learn about Aotearoa and its indigenous Māori people.
Listen to engaging and informative commentary as your guide brings the stories of New Zealand's places and people to life. The museum extensive collections are spread over six floors with high-tech interactive exhibits. Encounter Māori and other Pacific Island cultural treasures and learn about New Zealand’s extraordinary natural history. The tour is an ideal orientation for first-time visitors while adding depth and understanding to the Te Papa experience.
- Museum entry ticket
- 1-hour guided tour
- Expert, friendly guide
- Live commentary in English
Prepare for the activity
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, 55 Cable Street, Wellington, New Zealand Enter the museum and head straight up the stairs to the Information Desk on Level 2. Present your voucher to the staff at the Information Desk at least 10 minutes prior to your tour departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Children under 5 years old are free of charge, all participants require a ticket
• The museum is easily accessible by foot, bus, train or car from central Wellington
• Outdoor and covered parking is available onsite for a fee
• Wheelchairs can be hired free of charge on site, subject to availability