Philadelphia to Washington DC Day Trip by Train
- Enjoy a day exploring Washington - design your individualized itinerary
- Experience a hop-on hop-off bus taking you throughout the city
- Enjoy lunch with VIP seating at Hard Rock Cafe
Once in Washington, have a bite at the station or make your way over to Hard Rock Cafe for a priority seated, 2-course lunch. Otherwise, do lunch later and grab a muffin at the station. Your hop-on hop-off bus will be waiting right outside to take you on a wonderful tour of what makes Washington such an important city.
Hop-on and off at any of the stops to enjoy the multitude of museums and monuments in the US capital. Visit the National Archives, containing a signed Declaration of Independence, or any of the Smithsonian Museums including the National Air and Space Museum or the National Museum of Natural History. Check out Madame Tussauds, the National Holocaust Museum, the International Spy Museum and more.
For history buffs, visit Arlington National cemetery, Vietnam Memorial or Ford's Theater, the theater where President Lincoln was assassinated. Save some time to return in the late afternoon to Union Station and walk around to view this magnificent 1908 station saved from demolition in the 1980s.
After a day of Washington DC sightseeing, tour Amtrak train will whisk you back to Philadelphia in the evening.
- Lunch with VIP seating program
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Round trip rail tickets
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Transportation other than stated
- Hotel transfers
Prepare for the activity
• All travelers must bring a government issued photo ID
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• A small amount of walking is involved