Wanaka: Tandem Skydive Experience 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000-ft
- Take on a thrilling tandem skydiving experience above beautiful Wanaka
- Freefall from your choice of altitude; 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000 ft
- Witness beautiful scenery including the rugged Southern Alps and beyond to Mount Cook
- Benefit from industry-leading drop zone facilities and an experienced operation
Your experience starts when you walk in the door and meet the awesome frontline crew. Receive a full briefing and gear up. Before you know it, you’ll be meeting your tandem instructor and climbing into the plane for the incredible scenic flight to altitude. During your 20-minute flight over the Southern Alps, your instructor will point out Mt. Cook, Mt. Aspiring, the Southern Alps, a number of lakes and the Clutha River.
Once you’ve reached your chosen altitude, it’s time to leap. Experience the pure adrenaline rush of freefalling at 200kph above the stunning Central Otago landscape. After 25 to 60-seconds of freefall, catch your breath and enjoy the smooth flight under canopy safely back down to the drop zone.
Back on the ground, tears of joy, smiles, hugs and fist pumps are all the norm. Make your way back to the hanger to be de-geared then await your edited video and photos. Once your video is done plug it into the computer, gather around your friends and family and relive the moments all over again.
- Complimentary return transport from Wanaka to drop zone location
- 9,000, 12,000, or 15,000-ft tandem skydive
- 25 to 60-seconds of freefall time
- 5-minute flight under canopy
- Experienced skydive tandem master
- All safety equipment including jumpsuit, frap hat, goggles, gloves, and harness
- On-site lockers for valuables
- Access to drop zone base facilities: internet kiosks and free wi-fi
When you get there
• Your skydive date and/or time may be different to the one requested. The local operator will confirm your exact flight time by email after booking.
• You can self-drive or arrange to join the twice-daily complimentary transport from Queenstown. Contact the local operator after booking to coordinate.
• All participants are subject to Tandem Master assessment at the dropzone.
• There are no age restrictions - a minimum of 30-kilograms is recommended.
• All passengers are weighed on the date of travel. The maximum weight is 115 kilograms. Participants 95 kilograms and over will incur a weight surcharge of NZ$50-75, payable on the day.