From Krakow: Jasna Góra Monastery & Home of John Paul II
Pickup includedPlease wait in front of the hotel 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Explore both the Jasna Góra Monastery and the Family Home Museum of John Paul II
- Admire the miraculous painting of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa
- Marvel at the parish church in Wadowice where the future Pope John Paul II was baptized
- Enjoy included hotel pickup and drop-off in Krakow
Then, make your way inside the Family Home of John Paul II and take a tour with an accredited guide available in various languages. Spend at least 1 hour and 20 minutes in the museum. Later, visit the secondary school that Karol Wojtyła, as the pope was then known, attended. Take a nice picture of the monument of the young pope.
On the second half of the tour, head to the Jasna Góra Monastery in the town of Częstochowa, about 130 kilometers (around 80 miles) away from Kraków in southern Poland. Once there, explore a famous Polish shrine to Our Lady of Częstochowa, which constitutes one of Poland’s most visited pilgrimage sites.
Take a guided tour of the monastery with one of the Pauline monks who will show you the treasury filled with priceless gifts and accompany you to the chapel in the shrine. Finally, marvel at the miraculous painting of the Black Madonna and have a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. The tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel in Kraków.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided tour of Family Home of John Paul II Museum
- Guided tour of Jasna Góra Monastery
- Tickets and admission fees
- Small-group tour
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sleeveless shirts
• Opening hours are subject to change