Vienna: Spanish Riding School Morning Exercise
- Discover the Spanish Riding School and its centuries-long tradition
- Gain an insight into the years of training of the Lipizzaners and their riders
- Experience the morning exercise accompanied by classical music
- Observe the different types of exercises: simple and relaxing or those aimed at refining and perfecting movement
The morning exercise includes relaxation exercises, refining and perfecting movement and strengthening certain muscles. The famous school jumps levade, courbette and capriole, which are shown as part of the performances by the Spanish Riding School, are not practiced on a daily basis and can only sometimes be seen during the morning exercise.
The white Lipizzaner stallions are put through their paces by their riders almost every day. The primary objective of the morning exercise is to maintain the horses’ athleticism and health, as well as to build up various muscle groups that are necessary for performing the exercises of the haute école.
- Ticket for the morning exercise at the Spanish Riding School
- Pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
• This event has free seating and there is no guarantee of seats
• Free admission for children aged 3 to 6 (must sit on an adult’s lap). Children aged 6 to 12 receive discounted admission. Unfortunately, admission is not permitted for children under the age of 3
• Photography and filming is prohibited
• The program is subject to change
• Tickets for wheelchair spaces are limited and must be reserved in writing. Please contact GetYourGuide or make a note in the designated field during the booking process
• Skip the ticket line in the morning by simply exchanging your voucher the day before at the cashier desk at the entrance Michaeler Platz(until 4:00 PM). Otherwise join the ticket queue on the day to exchange your mobile voucher for a ticket