Vienna: Jewish Museum and Museum Judenplatz Tickets
- Visit the Jewish Museum Vienna
- Explore the Jewish Museum's extensive collections
- Experience the 3D animation on Jewish life in Vienna during the Middle Ages
- Marvel at interesting temporary exhibitions
- Learn more about the Jewish history, religion, and traditions in Austria
Experience the history of Jewish Vienna with the permanent exhibition at Dorotheergasse “Our City! Jewish Vienna – Then to Now”. On the ground floor, the start of the exhibition presents Jewish Vienna from 1945 to the present day. It shows how the almost completely destroyed Jewish community developed over the years to a modest but diverse and vibrant community despite the resistance of Austrian post-war policies.
After a look at present-day Vienna, the exhibition takes you back to Jewish Vienna from the Middle Ages to the Holocaust on the second floor. A multimedia guide provides visitors with additional perspectives on the exhibits.
The collections are presented and placed in a historical context along with the objects’ places of origin – the synagogues or the collectors such as Max Berger or Martin Schlaff.
The foundations of the medieval synagogue are presented in the Museum Judenplatz. In addition to the various permanent exhibitions, the museum offers a wide range of temporary exhibitions and events at both locations on Dorotheergasse and Museum Judenplatz.
- Tickets for both locations of the Jewish Museum Vienna (valid for 4 days from date of issue)