Wine and Food Tour Near Venice's Jewish Quarter
- Rub shoulders with true Venetians while visiting three of the city's beloved wine bars
- Savor several of Venice’s bite-size versions of local delicacies called cicchetti
- Explore a historic neighbourhood's market and restaurants, unknown to many travellers
Your local guide will show you around this area's winding alleyways, bridges, and picturesque canals that inspired Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. The first Jewish Quarter of its kind, it is also the stomping grounds of many Venetians who finish their days relaxing in one of its many cafes and restaurants.
Throughout the tour, you will be free to move at your own pace. While travelling from bar to bar, you will also visit a traditional open air market, eclectic shops, and other aspects of Venice unknown to the average traveler. Aside from learning the habits of the locals, the evening promises smooth wines and delectable food in three traditional bàcari (wine bars), hidden away down Venice's enchanting side alleyways.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Food: a selection of cicchetti
- 3 glasses of wine
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
When you get there
Meeting Point: At the foot of the east side (away from the train station) of the bridge Ponte delle Guglie, next to the restaurant “Trattoria alla Palazzina.” GPS Coordinates: 45.443643, 12.325779Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Unfortunately, due to the particular kind of appetizers served in Venice’s typical wine bars, they cannot meet any special dietary requirements such as gluten-free or vegan options.
• We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.