Venice: Historical Walking Tour & Doge’s Palace Guided Visit
- Skip the long lines to enter the Doge's Palace
- Cross the Bridge of Sighs and see the ancient Venetian prison
- Listen to you expert guide, who will show you the main points of interest in Venice
- Discover the 5 areas of Venice with a self-guide tour
- Customize your route around Venice
Later your guide will escort you inside the breathtaking Doge’s Palace. For centuries this was where the Doge and the highest politicians lived and decided the fate of the ancient republic. Admire the incredible artistic masterpieces by the most famous painters and sculptors of that time. Cross the Bridge of Sighs and see Venice from the same perspective as prisoners did in the past, before descending into the cold, dark prisons. You will see also the jails that Giacomo Casanova incredibly managed to escape from!
After the tour you will have the opportunity to visit a glass factory close to Saint Mark’s Square, where you can see a craftsman at work. Please note this is an optional, free tour lasting approximately 20 minutes. Entrance to the old palaces around St. Mark’ Square is included in this tour, which you can visit by yourself at a time of your choosing. This magnificent experience will allow you to discover the glorious past of this city, making your visit to Venice unforgettable.
Download the app and discover the 5 districts of Venice with their best attractions and squares, day or night, on a self-guided tour. The mobile app includes a map which escorts you through the city, letting you decide what to see and information about the city's highlights.
- Walking tour of Venice's historical center
- Guided visit to the Doge's Palace with skip-the-line entrance
- Entrance ticket to the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, and the Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Audio devices are included if the tour group is over 10 people
- Glass factory visit
- Mobile app with commentary for a self-guided tour of the 5 districts of Venice
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Guided tour of Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, and the Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
St. Mark's Square - clock tower near exchange office (the white building with the blue clock facade). Our operator will wait for your with the sign "tour". Customers are advised not to go to the Bell Tower.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• The tour will not operate in the case of exceptionally high tides. If this occurs, the tour will be postponed or refunded
• For security reasons, bags and backpacks are not allowed inside the Doge's Palace. There is a free cloakroom inside
• From April to October, the guided visit to the Doge's Palace is monolingual
• From November to March the visit to the Doge's Palace can be multilingual
• You will receive an email with the QR and instructions to on how to activate the mobile app by 10:00 AM the day after booking. Help is available for downloading and activating the app in Venice
• You can use the mobile app anytime by night and by day however many times you want
• The app does not require data to run once it has been downloaded
• The mobile app is available in English, French, Spanish, Italian and German
You might also like...
Product ID: 184505