Rialto Market Food and Wine Lunchtime Tour of Venice
- See the major sights of Venice, along with some hidden attractions
- Taste traditional Venetian specialties at different eateries
- Meet local producers, innkeepers and food artisans
- Go to the former home of Marco Polo and discover the haunts of Casanova
- Watch locals shop for farm fresh produce at the Rialto market
- Visit an 18th-century osteria famous for its small snacks typical to Venice
- Get tips on what to see and do from your enthusiastic guide
- Eat enough for a substantial lunch!
Meet your guide close to the Rialto Bridge, and stroll through a market overflowing with fish, fruit and vegetables of every shape and color. Cross the Rialto Bridge to an interesting 18th-century osteria famous for its cicchetti (tapas-like snacks unique to Venice). Drink a toast of regional wines and prosecco, and savor bite-sized morsels bursting with regional flavors.
Continue to the Campo San Bartolomeo to see Marco Polo’s house and the haunts of Casanova. Pass beautiful churches and hear wonderful trivia, such as the origins of the Bellini cocktail. Go to the Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo to enjoy an authentic tiramisu with coffee, and experience a Venetian specialty where the Italian coffee culture was born.
As you search for olives, pillows of polenta, and mouthwateringly marinated seafood, your guide will provide suggestions on excursions for the rest of your time in Venice. Come with an appetite, as this food tour is a meal in itself!
- English-speaking guide
- 6 stops at traditional quality eateries
Prepare for the activity
Morning tour at 10:50 Meet your guide outside the Church of San Giacomo di Rialto, Campo San Giacomo, 1, 30125 Venezia. Please arrive at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Comfortable shoes are recommended
• If you have allergies please notify the supplier when booking