Venice Food Tour: Rialto Market and Cicchetti Tasting
- Discover the tapas-like cicchetti food culture of Venice
- Taste local wines and small bites in 2 popular venues
- Visit the Rialto Fruit and Vegetable Market, and he Rialto Fish Market
- Avoid the high-priced low-quality tourist food of Venice
- Learn the culinary history of Venice
- Hear how Venice's position on the spice routes impacted its food
- Cross the Grand Canal by gondola with your guide to explore Cannaregio, one of the more historic neighborhoods of Venice.
Start your tour by exploring the twin hearts of the city's food scene; the Rialto Fruit and Vegetable Market and the Rialto Fish Market. Peruse aisles overflowing with fresh produce as your guide explains how ancient trade routes and a strong maritime history shaped the diets of the Venetians. Learn how Venice still gets the freshest fish from the Mediterranean Sea.
Leave the markets to embark on a culinary walking tour of Venice. Stop at a local butcher, bakery, and one of the oldest spice stores in the world. Hear how Venetian ships used to be the main source of spices for much of Europe.
Sample delicious wines from the region, along with the famous cicchetti (small bites) at 2 local bars. Feast on local delicacies. After All’Merca, cross the Grand Canal by gondola with your guide to explore Cannaregio. Cannaregio is one of the more historic neighborhoods of Venice. Once the Jewish Ghetto, today it’s where locals go to eat, drink and socialize. You’ll stop briefly at a small local bar for fritti.
After a 15-minute stroll through Cannaregio you reach the highlight of your tour. La Colonna offers the very best of Venetian food experiences – a small restaurant tucked off a quiet street, where you will enjoy a full meal featuring such local specialties as pasta with squid ink. And of course, more wine.
Enjoy a more personalized attention in intimate groups of 12 people or fewer, and get the best recommendations for when, where, and how to eat in Venice so that you will never have to endure another over-priced, touristy meal again.
- Four cicchetti of your choice
- Three glasses of wine/prosecco/spritz
- One fritti to go
- Pasta lunch
- Gondola ride across the Grand Canal
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
At the central fountain of Campo San Giacomo di Rialto (Campo San Giacometto). Directions: Campo San Giacomo di Rialto is located just to the west of the Rialto Bridge, towards the Rialto Market. The closest vaporetto stop is the "Rialto Mercato" stop.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please advise of any food allergies or other special requirements on booking and as soon as you meet your guide. The supplier will do their best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives