Tour of Doge's Palace and Gondola Ride
- Discover the Doge's Palace and its marvelous rooms
- Admire the magnificent palaces on Grand Canal from the water
- Visit the Royal Palace using the ticket from this tour
Walk in the steps of tormented and anguished prisoners by crossing the world-famous Bridge of Sighs to the old Venetian prisons, where among others Giacomo Casanova was jailed.
After the Doge Palace tour, you will get on gondola for a romantic and unforgettable ride through the charming and picturesque waterways to the impressive Grand Canal with its historical palaces which belonged to the rich Venetian families of the past. Along the journey, see Mozart’s and Desdemona's House, La Fenice Theatre, Rio de le Ostreghe and on the Grand Canal, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection Palace, La Salute Church, Punta della Dogana and a breathtaking overview of Saint Mark’s basin.
With this special ticket you will be able to visit the marvelous palaces by yourself in St. Mark’s Square: Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale (National Areological Museum) and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana. Find out how the Venetians lived in the past and many paintings, sculptures, old coinages and artworks of the famous Venetian artists. Don’t forget to visit the Napoleon wings which house the rooms of Sissi, the Empress of Austria.
- Skip-the-line at the Doge’s Palace with a shared guided tour including commentary from a qualified and experienced guide
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people for the Doge’s Palace
- 30 minutes shared gondola ride
- Multilingual assistance for embarkation
- Map with description of the palaces you will see during the tour
- Hotel pick-up
- Guided tour of Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Doge Palace Tour: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near the exchange office (the white building with the blue clock facade). An assistant will wait for you with a signboard with “TOUR” written on it. The tour starts at 10:45 AM. Gondola Ride: Ground floor colonnade in front of Museo Correr's entrance in Saint Mark's Square. Facing the Museo Correr's entrance, you will see the Post Office (POSTE ITALIANE) on your left. An assistant will wait for you with a signboard with “GONDOLA TOUR” written on it. The gondola tour starts at 4:00 PM. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before. Customers are advised not to go to the Bell Tower.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guest's weight
• It's recommended that you wear comfortable shoes for this tour
• Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
• The tour does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather. The tour will be postponed until the weather improves, or a refund will be provided
• From 1st November to 31st March, the Doge's Palace tour is at 10:45 AM and the gondola ride is at 4:00 PM. Between the two activities there a is a gap of about 4 hours