St. Mark’s Square: Casanova’s Prison Walking Tour
- Go on an amazing tour through the ancient prisons of Piazza San Marco
- Enter the dark cells and discover what lives of the inmates
- Discover a secret path between the prisons from the 1500's, that hasn't been open to the public until now
- Hear the amazing story of Casanova's jailbreak and much more
Hear the myths and legends that still live inside these cold walls and cells. Enjoy the explanation of the powerful Council of The Ten, which consisted of the highest Venice politicians, that oversaw the justice system in all Venetian domains.
Nowadays the prison’s palace that overlooks the stunning Riva Degli Schiavoni is the seat of the Artistic Circle, which offers its guests different cultural experiences and concerts. Yet still, you can feel the presence of the rich history when walking through the halls of the ancient prison.
- Live commentary
- Skip-the-line entrance to the prison palace
- Access to the Bridge of Sighs
- Access to the Doge's Palace
Prepare for the activity
In Piazza San Marco, with the Doge’s Palace in front of you and the S.Mark’s Basin at your back, go on the right, cross the Bridge (from where you see the Bridge of Sighs) and then look on the left, you will see the entrance of the Palazzo delle Prigioni. Do not go to the entrance of Doge's Palace - Prison Palace is the building close to Doge's Palace, after the bridge.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that this tour is carried out in multiple languages at the same time.
From £17.01 £13.60 per person