Venice: Walking Tour, St. Mark Basilica & Gondola Ride
- Skip the line at St. Mark's Basilica
- Walk beside the canals of Venice and see the city’s major attractions
- See Renaissance art and admire beautiful Baroque buildings
- Rest you feet with a 30-minute shared gondola ride with a local gondoliere
Start out with a visit to the Rialto Bridge, the vast marble beauty that cost far more than was budgeted! Continue to Marco Polo’s house and hear about the son of Venice who went to sea and came back with amazing tales of China and the Far East.
Visit lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, where locals carry out their daily lives in the shadow of spectacular Baroque architecture. Next, you’ll visit Piazza San Marco and stand in front of the impressive Doge’s Palace where Venice’s famous lover and writer, Casanova, was held in an attic prison before he escaped.
Skip the line at stunning St Mark’s Basilica. Marvel at the diversity of Venetian architecture as your guide points out places where eastern architecture and western design blend in a uniquely Venetian fashion. In a rare extended tour of the Basilica you’ll learn how the remains of St. Mark arrived illegally, and you’ll see all manner of treasures. From the second level of the Basilica, you’ll have views of the piazza below where string quartets play and waiters bustle around the many cafés.
Next, begin a 30-minute gondola tour of the waterways with a local gondoliere. Start on the much-traveled Grand Canal, and see such sights as Santa Maria della Salute Church, a 17th-century Baroque building.
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Local expert guide
- Headsets where necessary
- 30-minute shared gondola ride, mixed group of up to 6 people (If option selected)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Gondola ride commentary
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
On all running days except Sunday: Meeting time: 08:45 Departure time: 09:00 On Sundays only: Meeting time: 13:15 Departure time: 13:30 You must be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour departure. In front of the bronze statue of a man (Carlo Goldoni) in Campo San Bartolomeo (Campo san Bórtolo and San Bartolomeo), near the San Marco side of the Rialto Bridge.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Tour groups are no larger than 24 people
• Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point and present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. Late arrivals will not be able to catch up with the group and no refunds will be given for those who arrive after the departure time
• St. Mark's Basilica is subject to closure without notice. When this occurs, the supplier will offer customers an extended tour of the Basilica from the outside and of St. Mark's Square. While they undertake to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases they may be unable to provide refunds or discounts
• Please do not bring large bags, tripods, non-collapsible umbrellas, or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site, meaning that you may miss a portion of the tour