Hidden Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
- Discover Venice at day and night when it is at its most romantic
- Ride a Gondola through the city canals
- See hidden masterpieces in secret churches
- Pass the Peggy Guggenheim Museum with its rich collection of contemporary art
- Explore the Venice of the locals
Start at the Accademia di Belle Arti. Look out for lovers strolling and kids playing in beautiful squares, such as the Campo San Polo, Campo San Margherita and Campo San Barnaba.
Pass the Basilica dei Frari and stop in front of the Scuola Grande di San Rocco. As you stroll, your guide will fill you up with Venice myths and legends and give you a local’s perspective on a sometimes too touristy city.
Discover city secrets, such as the fact that at the Medieval Casino there was a wooden slot in the upper floor, from where patrons could peer through to see who was at the door, giving them time to escape before their better halves caught them!
Pass the Peggy Guggenheim Museum and hear about the famous patron who lost her father to the Titanic, but gained the means to build one of the world’s most notable art collections.
End on the sweetest note, with a gondola ride as the sun begins to set. Relax as a gondolier, in his ubiquitous striped shirt, punts along the canal, and keep your eyes peeled for the palaces that line the waterways.
With only 6 people allowed per gondola, your ride will be peaceful and intimate. For an additional fee, opt for a private gondola and get a romantic experience for just you and your loved one.
As the sun dips below the horizon, your boat will dock and the group will disperse, heads full of the Italian masterpieces they have just seen, hidden away in secret neighborhood churches.
- 35-minute shared gondola ride (depending on option selected at time of booking) Shared gondolas contain a group of up to 6 persons, while a private gondola is just for your booking
- Headsets, where necessary
- Local guide for the walking portion of the tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The tour begins in front of the white marble Accademia di Belle Arti. Your City Wonders coordinator will be waiting here wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition. If arriving by vaporetto: Upon exiting the Accademia vaporetto stop (lines 1 and 2), walk 5-10 meters to the right until you see the white marble entrance to the museum of the Accademia di Belle Arti. It is the only white marble building in the small square. The meeting point is in front of the entrance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide at the meeting point.
• Late arrivals will not be able to join the group, nor will they be refunded.
• Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Strollers and baby carriages cannot be accommodated.