Venice: Half-Day Tour to Murano and Burano
Pick-up serviceDeparture 10:30 AM: in front of KFC Restaurant, near Calatrava Bridge - from Venice Santa Lucia train station, go towards Piazzale Roma bus terminal. Before crossing the Calatrava Bridge, you will find KFC Restaurant on your right. Departure at 11:00 AM: Yellow desk located on the Riva degli Schiavoni, at the foot of the Ponte della Paglia (which is the bridge located opposite the Bridge of Sighs, close to Doge's Palace).
- Escape the hustle and bustle of Venice city center
- Watch a glass blowing demonstration on the island of Murano
- Cross the Venetian Lagoon by comfortable motorboat
- Stroll among the brightly painted houses of Burano
- Get insider tips from a local guide
- Learn more about the history of one of the world's most unique cities
- Experience a more local and authentic side to Venice
Depart from a pier close to St. Mark’s Square for a convenient crossing to Murano. Cross the lagoon to the “Island of Glass” as you hear fascinating stories about the city. On landing, go to one of the famous glass factories to see how the colorful glass ware is blown. Alternatively, stroll the quiet streets of the island at leisure.
Continue to Burano to discover one of Venice Lagoon’s most picturesque islands. Your guide will point out the major sights, and explain the history of the island, before giving you about some free time to wander around the chocolate box houses. Marvel at the bright colors of the fishermen’s island and visit a typical lace museum.
- Return transfers by boat
When you get there
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible. There is a short walk from the meeting point to the point of embarkation
• The stop in Murano includes time for an optional visit to a glass factory, with a short glass blowing demonstration and some free time
• The stop in Burano allows for some free time to visit a lace store
• The duration of the tour may vary from 4 to 4.5 hours due to possible waits at the docks.
• No credit or refunds will be given in the event of a no show up at the time indicated on your voucher
• This is a collective tour. Please note that there may be other participants on the tour with you
• This is a multilingual tour
• Small/medium dogs are welcome on board, only if wearing a muzzle