Venice: Grand Canal Gondola Ride and Walking Tour
- Glide down the Grand Canal on a gondola
- See impressive monuments such as the church of Santa Maria della Salute
- Stroll through the Rialto and St. Mark's area with a guide
Make your way along the Grand Canal aboard a traditional gondola with a professional gondolier. Pass the house where Mozart lived at Ca' Falletti and admire the beautiful exterior of Teatro La Fenice.
Drift past the modern art museum of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, see the beautiful Palazzo Dario and the impressive church of Santa Maria della Salute. Continue to the Punta della Dogana in the old Sea Customs House and end at St. Mark's Square with its amazing Byzantine basilica.
Then, stroll through the heart of the city with a guide in your chosen language. Explore the Rialto and St Mark's area and the network of canals and narrow streets. Arrive at the Rialto Bridge and see the historical market before you cross over the Grand Canal. Listen to tales about the district and learn more about some of the historical figures who lived there, such as Marco Polo.
- Commentary by a qualified guide
- 30-minute shared gondola ride
- Audio receiver devices for groups of more than 10 people
- Mobile app with commentary for self-guided tour of the 5 districts of Venice
- Commentary on St Mark's Square
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Seats cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier, depending on guest’s weight
• This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
• The tour will not run in the event of exceptional bad weather or low or high tides
• Comfortable shoes are recommended
• You will receive an e-mail with the QR and instructions to activate the mobile app
• The mobile app is available in English, French, Spanish, Italian and German
• You have to download the app on your mobile