Venice: 2-Hour Tour with Gondola Ride
- Discover Venice by foot and by boat
- Climb aboard a traditional gondola
- Stroll down hidden alleys missed by most tourists
- See the extraordinary staircase of the Scala del Bovolo
First, take a stroll around some of the city’s fabled streets. Discover hidden gems and famous sites, such as the legendary Teatro La Fenice. Marvel at a hidden masterpiece of architecture at the Scala Contarini del Bovolo, a multi-arch spiral staircase on the outside of the Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo.
Wander down some of the tiny “calle” (alleys) often missed by many tourists. Experience the hustle and bustle of everyday life around the Rialto Bridge, once the center of commercial life in the city. Go to some of the quieter sestiere (districts) before climbing aboard a gondola.
Experience the city by its traditional mode of transport as you glide down canals that the larger boats can’t reach. See miraculous palaces and romantic bridges as you watch your gondolier, dressed in a distinctive blue and white striped shirt, punt along the hidden canals.
- 30-minute gondola ride
- 2-hour walking tour
- Professional guide
- Personal headsets to hear your guide better
- Boarding assistance
- Commentary or explanations during the gondola ride
- Entrance to main sites
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide on Calle Larga Ascensione in front of the Post Office behind Saint Mark’s Square. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, and present a copy of your voucher to the tour staffOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour does not include entrance to main sites and takes place entirely outside (external commentary of the sites will be provided).
• Please note that no refund is given for no shows or late arrivals
• The tour takes place rain or shine. In the event of exceptional high tides or bad weather, tours may be cancelled and a refund will be given
• Please note that the ride could last less than 30 minutes depending on how busy the canals are. The length of the gondola ride is up to the discretion of the Gondolier