Boat Trip: Glimpse of Murano, Torcello & Burano Islands
- Take a short journey to all 3 islands and spend 45 minutes on each
- Watch master glass blowers at work at a glass factory in Murano
- Enjoy free time in Torcello
- See the chocolate-box painted houses on Burano
Murano (free time, glass factory)
Burano (free time)
Torcello (free time)
2 - 3 hours
On the boat, a live guide will illustrate the history of the lagoon and the three islands you will visit. Your first stop will be the island of Murano. Sometimes referred to as the “Island of the Glass,” you will visit one of its famous glass factories and see the glass being manufactured and blown. Afterward head to Torcello, the most ancient of the inhabited islands.
Continue to Burano, admiring the natural environment and the minor islands spread all around you. Enjoy some free time in Burano, a typical fishing island with colorful contrasts and chocolate-box painted houses. Look out, too, for much evidence of its renowned lace making and embroidery industry and try some of Burano’s notable homemade cakes.
Please note that once on the ground, this is not a guided tour. The guide will escort you to the glass factory in Murano and the lace shop in Burano. Afterward, you will have time to explore each island on your own.
- Boat transportation throughout
- Multilingual live commentary onboard the boat
- Tour guide
- Ticket and visit to Torcello Cathedral ( EUR 5)
Prepare for the activity
• Please note that once on the ground, this is not a guided tour. The guide will escort you to the glass factory in Murano and the lace shop in Burano. Afterwards, you will have time to explore each island on your own
• You need to exchange your voucher for a ticket before boarding or show it on your mobile phone to staff at the tour operator's booth right in front of the dock to get the official transportation ticket
• You will have approximately 45 minutes on each island