Absolute Venice: Walking Tour, Doge’s Palace and Basilica
- Be guided through the historical center of Venice
- Admire Doge's Palace and the Basilica
- Learn about the Golden Basilica with its mosaics of pure gold
Then, enter the breathtaking Doge’s Palace. The guide will escort you through its stunning rooms where the Doges lived and decided the fate of the glorious Venetian Republic. Admire the Golden staircase and incredible artwork by famous Italian artists such as Tiepolo and Tiziano. You will cross the Bridge of Sighs to go inside the cold and dark Venetian prisons, where the Casanova was held.
Later, the guide will bring you to St. Mark’s Basilica, also known as the Golden Cathedral, thanks to its stunning mosaics made of pure gold. Here, you will discover its long history and the great Pala D’Oro (altar full of diamonds and precious stones). The beauty of this five-dome Basilica will certainly impress you.
At the end of your activity, you will have the opportunity to take the free optional tour of a glass factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. This brief 20-minute tour features a glass crafting demonstration. Please follow the instructions that the staff will provide to you locally. You may visit the other magnificent locations around St. Mark’s Square such as Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, and the Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana.
Benefit from an audio guide with a digital map and discover the 5 districts of Venice with their best attractions and squares, day or night, on a self-guided tour. Listen to the automatic audio narration of the city’s highlights, with more than 200 points of interest including the glorious La Fenice theater, Rialto Bridge, Jewish Ghetto, the Arsenale, the majestic Accademia Bridge, and much more. Thanks to this app, you will also enjoy the most secret and picturesque places of Venice known only by true Venetians.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Skip-the-line Doge’s Palace, the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman demonstration close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Entrance ticket valid to visit various points of interest around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and the Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Mobile app with commentary for a self-guided tour of the 5 districts of Venice
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). An assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Customers are advised not to go to the Bell Tower.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
• The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same part
• You must download the audio guide with the digital map on your mobile phone
• You will receive the audio guide with the digital map by e-mail. If you have any problems with this please come to the Venice Tours office (San Marco 1130) for assistance