Treviso: Guided Tour & Wine Tasting at Castello di Roncade
- Visit the only Venetian villa still enclosed within a medieval wall and enjoy its ancient atmosphere
- Taste flavorful local products, including the fine wines from the cellar of the castle
- Discover part of the villa, its beautiful garden and the cellars while listening the fascinating history of the families who lived there
The façade of the villa is enriched with a double loggia supported by eight Istrian stone columns. According to tradition, Sansovino should be the architect of the building, despite there is the possibility that it was designed by the Lombardo brothers and Codussi. The majestic inside hall of the villa will show an harmonious relationship with the surrounding area: the large room with wide windows seems to search for a constant dialogue between architecture and landscape. Here, you will admire the lacquered wooden ceiling, the walls decorated with delicate stuccos and the beautiful 18th-century furnishings. The tour also includes an ancient private chapel that is an integral part of the Castello, where you will be able to esteem some artistic testimonies that add more charm to this dreamy place.
Baron Tito Ciani Bassetti acquired the castle in 1930 and worked hard to bring it back to its original beauty and to establish a winery in the adjacent area particularly suited for wine growing. Nowadays, Castello di Roncade is home to the namesake winery and its current owner, Baron Vincenzo Ciani Bassetti, is a great expert in wine making techniques. At the end of the guided tour, you will taste 5 different varieties of wine from the castle winery. Among these varieties, it is worth mentioning the Villa Giustinian, a top quality IGT red wine introduced in Italy by the Baron himself. Together with the wines, you will taste a selection of traditional local products such as salami, cheeses and other delicious specialties. Discover the pleasures of Italian food and wine in a unique atmosphere and get in touch with one of the well-preserved Venetian villas. Enjoy history, art and flavors in one, unmissable experience.
- Guided tour
- Sampling of 5 wines with tastings of local products
Prepare for the activity
• No credit or refunds will be given in case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
• This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you