Toulouse: Private Walking Tour of the Left River Bank
- Discover the immigration district with many shops and specialty restaurants
- Tour the Hotel de Dieu built 12th century to help the poor and the pilgrims
- Explore the old defense walls and the towers from the Roman Empire
- Visit the old complex of the Chartreuse brotherhood and their eccentric St. Peter's Church
- Walk along the Garonne banks and hear the good and bad stories of the city during the wars
You will reach the Hotel de Dieu Saint-Jacques, a classified historical monument on the right side and the water tower on the other side. The tour will then cross the Republic Street where you can see the immigrant part of the town, shops and typical restaurants from all over the world until you reach Olivier Square and the Saint Nicolas Church for the 12th century protector of the sailors.
The tour will then enter the Hospital des Graves to visit the Dome and the Hospice to reach the Raymond VI Gardens where you can admire the defense wall and towers from the Roman times and enjoy some refreshments. Then the tour will reach the Garonne banks where your guide will tell the stories of horror about the Pestifier Tower in front of you. Then the tour will get back to the right bank to visit an old mill and the Saint-Peter of Chartreuse where our tour ends.
- Professional tour guide
- Non-alcoholic refreshments
- Entry fees
- Food and alcoholic drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather
• Please be aware that this is not a tour of the city center of Toulouse