Torun: Private Copernicus Trail and Old Town Walking Tour
- Visit the fantastic House of Nicolaus Copernicus Museum
- Familiarize yourself with the history of one of the most well-known astronomers and scientists
- Explore authentic medieval tenements with interactive exhibitions
- See the highlights of Torun Old Town with your local expert guide
- Enjoy a private tour with only your family and friends
First, meet your guide at the House of Nicolaus Copernicus Museum, supposedly the birthplace of Copernicus Once inside, discover documents and mementos connected with his life and work, as well as interactive exhibitions that bring his great achievements to life. Explore real life artifacts, 3D displays, light shows with a view of the Universe, and more.
The museum covers not only the man and his work but also other subjects, such as the period he lived in, medieval Torun, the history of astronomy, architecture, the earth and solar system, and even economics. After your fantastic lesson, follow your guide to see the paths Copernicus walked along centuries ago. See the big sculptured monument to him in the center of Market Square, an icon of Torun.
The tour ends here for the 2-hour option but if you select the 3-hour option, continue on a longer walk in the Old Town. Head to the Planetarium with your guide and find out about the existence of the universe. Admire one of the best views in the city by the Vistula River, and try to stand upright under the Leaning Tower. Finally, see the Medieval Defensive City Walls, the remains of a Teutonic Castle.
- Private licensed guide in your chosen language
- Entry to Museum House of Nicolaus Copernicus
- Walking tour of Copernicus Trail in Torun
- Commentary and facts about Nicolaus Copernicus and Torun
- Market Square sightseeing
- Leaning Tower and Teutonic Castle remains sightseeing (3-hour option only)
- Tickets for 4D movies in the museum (€6, optional)